Foolproof methods to compose a solid argumentative essay from scratch
In an argumentative essay, the writer is trying to prove their point. Their point is supported by academic, credible, and viable sources. The foundation of the essay is not emotions. When a writer gets too emotional, they end up with weak support.
Foolproof and Fullproof Methods
- Make a complete and detailed outline before you begin to write. Once you have selected your topic, you will want to make reasons that will prove your point. These reasons will make up what is called the body of your paper. As you write your outline, each body piece also needs two to three pieces of solid academic support. You should not be surprised if your outline goes through several changes before it is finalized. These changes are actually a good sign in the process.
- As you compose your piece, use a template or a model to assist you. You can get these templates and models from several different places. You can look online, go to see your teacher, or hire a writing company. Models and templates will help you to stay on track.
- Keep your emotions in check as you write. It is always good to be passionate about your subject. However, you cannot let your passion take over your paper. Your paper will end up being a series of rants without support.
- You will write more than one draft when you compose this paper. This is good. What this means is that the paper has gone through many changes and evolutions in order to become the best possible piece that it can become.
- When you have finished the final draft, ask a friend or hire a writing company to proof and edit it for you. Studies have shown that it is very difficult for a person to locate their own mistakes in his or her writing. It is not expensive to hire a writing company simply to proof and edit for you. At this point you are tired and you need a little extra help.
- The last step in this process is the making of the works cited page. You will make the page according to whether your paper was composed in APA style or MLA style. You will list all of the sources that you used in your paper on your works cited page. If you do not know how to do this, there are many sources online that can take you through this process. There are even some apps that will create your works cited page for you.